A family owned and operated company is looking for an experienced Sewing Machine Operator/Stitcher to join our growing company. The Sewing Machine Operator will hold a key role in the delivery of our product. As a Stitcher, you will be a critical component of ensuring that each item you create meets our brand standard and craftsmanship. The position will work with the production manager to ensure quality.
Candidates should have prior experience with industrial stitching equipment and be experienced in factory sewing methods. Experience with Juki, Brothers, and other industrial machines preferred. Majority of work will be done utilizing single-needle industrial sewing machine & bar-tackers. Will train the right candidate.
- Sets up an automatic sewing machine in accordance with established specifications.
- Obtains appropriate sections of materials in preparation for sewing.
- Operates an automatic sewing machine, including feeding material into the machine and examining completed products.
- Maintains safety awareness in and around work areas, observing and reporting potential areas of concern.
- Maintains high quality standards as required.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
- Sufficiently able to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to speak English preferred but not required.
(If unable to speak English, please have a translator with you during interviews and/or have access to a text-translator application at the time of the interview).
- Prior performance of duties in a manufacturing environment is helpful.
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in task assignments
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Normal color vision may be required.
- Manufacturing & Production environment.
- Light lifting; pushing/pulling of carts
- Frequent bending and working near moving machine parts are required.
- Standing for lengthy periods of time may be required.
- Exposure to sewing needle changes and scissors exists.
- Occasional extra hours are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all.
Our Client’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or Associate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our Client also prohibits harassment based on any of these protected categories. It is also our Client’s policy to comply with all applicable federal and state laws respecting consideration of employment status and requests for reasonable accommodations in hiring and employment decisions. We expect mutual respect in support of our values and Equal Employment Opportunities.
-$10/HR to $15/HR (Based on Experience)